Post by Ian »

The new Depron model takes shape in the workshop :P
One or two clues are there for the sharp-eyed... :geek:
0 x
Ian.
Andy

Re: Can you guess what it is yet?

Post by Andy »

I reckon those three squares could be the intake doors on a harrier.
Of course, if it is and you start doing vtol takeoffs, we might have to make you fly with the heli boys ;)

Andy
0 x
Ian

Post by Ian »

Well done Andy, you win the (virtual) coconut :D . It is a Harrier, but I'm not going to be outcast to the heli crowd and get hate mail from Jamie, because it's a STOL Harrier. Going on the consensus on the Internet that a true VTOL Harrier is impossible at this scale, I figure the next best thing is STOL and that's what I'm aiming at. It will be a pusher with undercarriage since the ventral fin will (should) protect the prop from the ground. It's a bit of a risk but we'll see...
0 x
Ian.
Andy

Post by Andy »

Thanks Ian. I’ve got to own up to having an unfair advantage on this as I bought a Guanli Harrier earlier in the year, which has intake doors painted on it. But you can still e-mail me the virtual coconut!

The Guanli model is not very realistic as supplied so I’m turning it into the later ‘big wing’ variant and fitting a sound system. The fan may be replaced with a pusher prop for thrust, weight and noise reasons.
I’ll give you a call and maybe we can swap ideas.
0 x