Piper Cub

Show off your latest creation
tremelling

Piper Cub

Post by tremelling »

Hi
I have got the plans for a Piper Cub (RM84) which I intend to build. The plans show a 6 oz square tank mounted across the fusalage just behind the engine. This sounds a good idea but it puts the fuel pickup point on the left side. So will I get Fuel starvation when I turn right, or will the centrifugal force of the turn keep the fuel to the back of the tank. Any ideas welcome.

PS and no sarcastic comment's about me never turning right

Dave T
0 x
Bananabomber

Re: Piper Cub

Post by Bananabomber »

Should work fine Dave - you'll just need to flip inverted - then turning right will be no problem
0 x
Pete Richards
Andy

Post by Andy »

Would you have room to put in two smaller tanks side by side but plumbed together in the normal fore and aft orientation?
The pressure feed from the silencer would push fuel from the downstream tank, via its clunk, to the upstream tank vent.
I did this some years ago and it worked ok, although the tanks were mounted one on top of the other.
There is some info here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1060458

Andy
0 x
tremelling

Post by tremelling »

Thanks for your replies. Yes Andy I will think of the two tank idea. good idea Pete, but you know what I am like flying inverted. But it now looks like i will not need to sort the problem as I have aquired a second hand cub, so will save me having to make one.

Dave T
0 x